§ 130.12 — Bankruptcy Rule 5005: Filing of Papers

Revised: August 12, 2009


Proofs of claim are ordinarily filed with the clerk of the bankruptcy court for the district in which the case is pending. Most courts permit filing with the ChapterĀ 13 trustee. Some courts permit electronic filing of proofs of claim, as authorized by Bankruptcy Rule 5005(a)(2).